February 24th, 2009
I am proud to announce that we launched our new mobile website for all MySpace users today. The new site has been months in the making and features
– a stream-lined backend architecture that should allows us to scale better and serve you faster and more reliably
– a whole new user interface that more closely resembles MySpace and other mobile MySpace products that our users are accustomed to
– Friend Updates will keep you up-to-date on what is happening in your friends’ MySpace lives
– You can now activate MMS/eMail photo uploading right from m.myspace.com
– Numerous smaller enhancements, features and shortcuts compared to our former site
The new site has been optimized for newer devices with screen sizes that are 176 pixels wide or larger in mind. Our MySpace Mobile website is one of the highest trafficked mobile websites in the world, with more than 20 million users worldwide across our mobile properties. It is available in in 13 languages. With the new site we estimate to increase that number significantly going forward.