October 21st, 2008
To welcome the Android platform, I am happy to announce that we launched MySpace for Android today – the first social networking application to hit the Android platform and the T-Mobile G1. More than two million daily unique users visit MySpace’s mobile website, and according to ABI Research 70 percent of people who use social networks on mobile have visited MySpace.
– Instant photo uploading from an Android device to a MySpace profile
– Check out tour schedules on band profiles
– View and comment on photos, profiles, and bulletins
– Search and add new friends
– Send and read messages
– Update and view mood and status
– Integrated with Shazam for Android. Just tag a song via Shazam and befriend a band at MySpace
Besides m.myspace.com, we now have developed native applications for Android, Sidekick, iPhone, and soon Blackberry.
Just go and grab a copy from the Android Market!